The Yale Innovation Summit is an event highlighting entrepreneurial Yale faculty and students and the investable innovations coming out of Yale labs. The event includes a Biotech Track, aimed at those interested in commercializing ideas for drug discovery and biological therapeutics, and a Tech Track, for those interested in commercializing ideas from physical and computer sciences, engineering, software, and services.
Meet Our Keynotes!
Over the coming weeks, the Office of Cooperative Research will be featuring profiles of each of our keynotes.
Click here to read our highlight of Annie Lamont and check back for our profile on Kate Bingham.
Connect with the
National Cancer Institute
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) SBIR/STTR Development Center provides federal funding and resources to startups working on anti-cancer technologies including therapeutics, diagnostics, devices, radiation therapy and imaging, research tools, and digital health. The program’s budget has now grown to ~$180M a year, and we fund ~250-300 companies at any given time.
Two NCI SBIR staff will be attending the 2019 Yale Innovation Summit, and they’re interested in meeting with Yale or small business staff who wish to pursue SBIR/STTR research funding. They can provide advice on how to prepare competitive funding applications. Our contact information is listed below.
Please Note: ALL YALE.EDU REGISTRANTS USE PROMOTIONAL CODE “YALE19” FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTARY TICKET.(ALL NON @YALE.EDU REGISTRATIONS THAT MAKE USE OF THE YALE CODE WILL BE RETURNED WITH A REQUEST FOR PAYMENT.)
2018 Summit Statistics: Around 1,000 attendees | 60+ VC Firms
- Two Tracks – Biotech and Tech
- Biotech – Drug discovery and biological therapeutics
- Tech – Physical and computer sciences, engineering, software and services
- Biotech and Tech Pitch Competitions with top prizes of $5,000
- Huge electronic poster display with prizes
- Showcase of finalists for the Blavatnik Fund for Innovation at Yale
- The Blavatnik Fund is designed to bridge the gap between life sciences research and business and to accelerate the commercialization of groundbreaking, investigator-initiated discoveries. All the 2018 Blavatnik finalists will present their innovations at the event and the winners — receiving grants of up to $300,000 — will be announced at the end of the day.
- Networking with leading investors
- Includes continental breakfast (Evans Hall Courtyard, 7:00-8:15 am), lunch, and Post-Event Reception with food and drink (across the street at Yale Peabody Museum, 5-7:30 pm) sponsored by Wiggin and Dana